What is a cookie?
First-party and third-party cookies
- First-party cookies: Cookies set by the medicinewoman.com website are called “first-party cookies”.
- Third-party cookies: Cookies set by parties other than the medicinewoman.com website are called “third-party cookies”. Third-party cookies enable third-party features or functionality to be provided on or through the medicinewoman.com website (such as advertising, interactive content and analytics). The third parties that set these third-party cookies can recognise your computer both when it visits the website or service and also when it visits certain other websites or services.
- Essential website cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to move around our website and use its features. These cookies don’t gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on our site. These cookies are often session-specific, expiring after your visit to the website (session) has ended. These cookies cannot be disabled on our website.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make (such as your user name or region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. Information these cookies collect is aggregated. Although important to us, these cookies are non-essential to the use of the franchelle.com website. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
- Analytics cookies (including from Google Analytics): These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our sites, including the number of visitors, the websites that referred them to our websites and the pages that they visited on our websites. We use this information to compile reports and to help us improve our websites, for example, to understand how visitors use our site and by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily. These cookies may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. These cookies typically stay on your computer until you delete them as described below.
- Advertising cookies (including from Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Mailchimp, Bit.ly): These cookies are used to collect data about the websites and individual pages that users visit both on and off our websites (which might indicate, for example, your interests and other attributes). They are typically used to deliver advertisements that are more relevant to you and your interests, and to help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. This information is shared with other third-parties such as advertisers and our partners, who might use it with information about how you use other websites, including to identify shared interests and behaviours across groups of users who visit our (and other) websites. These cookies typically stay on your computer until you delete them as described below.